Life Update :: A New Job

6:10 PM


As of 4:15 PM on October 31st, I will no longer be an employee at my current job. I will be leaving the corporate world, working on scientific instrumentation (nerd alert), and I will be joining a start-up, working on software. Obviously, making a radical jump like this was a huge decision - hence the lack of activity on this blog. I needed to disconnect, think, and prepare.

Ultimately, a lot of factors played into this decision. I won't bore you with the details. But I will say that if you are unhappy with your current job, no matter how small the reason, you should try to get something else. I needed something fast-paced that would set me up on a career path that suited me more and my current company simply wasn't going to give me that. It wasn't necessarily their fault or mine.

I'm leaving my company positively, but I know there's bitterness. I'm a product responsible at that company and the sole keeper of knowledge on that product. Over the past week and the next week, I am trying to find someone to pass that knowledge and then after that, I'll be jumping into something new. With that, I'll be a little infrequent on the blog. But keep up with me. I'll try!

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' and Instagram! Also, don't forget to check out my Autumn Playlist!


You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. Good luck! Great things happen outside of our comfort zones, and it sounds like you're headed in the right direction! Thanks for sharing :)

    xx www.themadameblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow big change!
    I did just the same thing a few weeks ago, and I'm so much happier now
    I love going to work again, so I hope this will also be a good move for you :)

    love
    Karlien
    Polished Cats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to say something on your last post about that! But I didn't have anything sure yet. Hopefully I'll be as happy as you!

      Delete
  3. Good luck! only just found your blog loved looking through it!
    Chloe xx
    http://thechloebarnes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It is so important to do something we really love. Good luck with your new start and let us know when you are going to do a new blog post :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your new job, I agree, it's so important to make sure that you are doing something you love as a job!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thanks for the support, Aleeha!

      Delete
  6. Wow, this is so awesome! Sounds like a lot of fun and I give a lot of props to you for choosing something you enjoy

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl!! It sounds like you have great intuition and self awareness and are on the right path! Sadly my partner cannot leave his job because we are buying our new place and are taking out a mortgage, so it means he will have to wait a little while before continuing on his career path, but I think it is all part of the journey! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the new job :) So exciting! x

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an exciting change of pace! I hope you have an incredible start to you new job and love the world of the start up! I think it is definitely a good experience for everyone - this is coming from a former UX/UI designer :)

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too did the same thing a few years back and had a great time in the start up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My best wishes and blessings for you
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete