Day 5 :: Cardio Barre Challenge

1:06 PM

I know I haven't updated on my challenges recently, but there was a batch of challenges that would've been really boring to write about! (For newer readers, this is actually a part of my New Year's Resolution where I do a series of 30-day challenges to see what works for me.) On the 27th, though, I started working on my Cardio Barre challenge.


From Kimberly Elise Natural Living
According to Richard Giorla, "Cardio Barre is a unique, high energy/no impact exercise class that combines barre work and light weights with continual fat burning motion." Apparently, this technique sculpts and elongates muscles. I've heard a lot of great things about it from some girl friends who do it, so I got pretty excited and started scheduling it out.

I made sure that I started off slow because I was a little afraid that I would hurt myself if I immediately jumped into a hard workout. I found a bunch of free videos on YouTube because I just can't justify paying for classes if I don't know if I'll like this.

From Revere Magazine
Here's the schedule for me:

Week Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday
Week 1 This Video Weight Training This Video This Video This Video This Video Weight Training
Week 2 This Video This Video This Video Weight Training This Video This Video Weight Training
Week 3 This Video This Video Weight Training Weight Training Vacation Vacation This Video
Week 4 Weight Training This Video Weight Training This Video This Video This Video Weight Training
Week 5 Weight Training Weight Training Weight Training

So far, I've finished up to Saturday's Week 1 work out and I have to admit...I'm not a fan. Maybe it's because I've been doing P90X, but I just don't feel like I'm getting that much of a workout. I'll say that the first few videos have been shorter videos so that might be why it hasn't been that phenomenal. But so far it's been fair at best.

Additionally, I added weight training because I felt like my arms were completely ignored in these workouts so far. Hopefully I will like this better as time goes on.

Do you do cardio barre? Any tips for me?

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' and Instagram! Also, don't forget to check out my Autumn Playlist!

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Love these challenge series!!! Very interesting!!! It's difficult to find what fits you best!!! I like to follow my gym routine with elliptical and weight lifts for hands and feet... Wish you a beautiful week!!! JO_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! That's why I love it! And that's a great, balanced gym routine. I'm terrible with adding the cardio. I need to take a page from your book.

      Delete
  2. This is a great schedule! I need to join the gym asap, I had some health issues and I kept avoiding exercising but now I have no excuse! I used to do zumba and I really really liked it and also I used to follow many youtubers that had videos on full programmes too! I will check the videos you are recommending asap!

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your health issues have gotten better!

      Delete
  3. This is a great schedule! I need to join the gym asap, I had some health issues and I kept avoiding exercising but now I have no excuse! I used to do zumba and I really really liked it and also I used to follow many youtubers that had videos on full programmes too! I will check the videos you are recommending asap!

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The schedule is great, I need to get on that too! I'll have to check out the videos.

    Xo, Maryam
    www.glamandposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to try a barre class! It's super convenient that they have videos online. Thanks for sharing.

    xx www.themadameblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try the videos before the class! I'm not a fan of cardio barre, but you might love it!

      Delete
  6. I just do some group lessons at the gym,
    I really love classes like that, it gets me extra motivated.

    love
    Karlien
    Polished Cats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned the classes work really well for a lot of people! That's awesome!

      Delete
  7. girl i am super motivated by this post to get into a workout regime, i am thinking yoga!
    http://www.thestyletune.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should DEFINITELY do it! I loveeeee yoga!

      Delete
  8. I wish I had the motivation to do this kind of thing but then I wouldn't have time to drink excessively and play Pokémon Go. Great post though, keep it up!

    www.amerchans.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I bet you can make running and Pokemon Go work to your advantage!

      Delete