Day 16 :: Cardio Barre Challenge

10:11 AM

Just when I thought I couldn't get busier, I did. That's my excuse and I'm sticking by it! Hopefully everything will start calming down here soon and I can start talking about what's been going on!



Update on my cardio barre challenge: I hate it. I know there's a lot of people who like it, but I guess that I am just not that person. I don't like the music (sorry, not a fan of update dance music), I don't like the focus muscle groups, I don't like the workouts.

I think the biggest put-off for me is that it is almost entirely focused on legs and butt, the two easiest muscle groups for me to work out. My heart rate never gets that elevated. Overall, it is just a disappointment to me.



I will say that I think throwing in a Cardio Barre workout once into a weekly schedule is a good idea. I could put up with it at that frequency as a mild cardio and legs workout. Once this challenge is down, that is probably how I'll schedule my workout. But I will never sign up for a class or make this a focus in my fitness.

Do you like Cardio Barre? If so, you should check out my schedule here.

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' and Instagram (I've been posting some fun cooking stories)! Also, don't forget to check out my Autumn Playlist!

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. I've not heard of cardio barre before but it sucks that it wasn't for you! I hope the next thing you try works better for you! x
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cara! That's exactly what I'm hoping for too!

      Delete
  2. Sorry it wasn't for you. I think I still want to give it a try though so thanks for sharing your experience anyway!

    zz www.themadameblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this actually looks pretty fun! I am always looking for more fun ways to workout

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it more than I did!

      Delete
  4. I have not heard about this before but it sounds really fun! I'll definitely check it out as it targets some of problem areas :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to check it out for yourself! =]

      Delete
  5. It takes me so much to get into the gym but when I do, I actually do not mind cardio at all. Still, I think it's great to try to do cardio incorporated with other things like barre training. Haven't tried it out myself yet but it sounds really fun and like a great work out.

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're better than I am then! I'm not a cardio fan! You should definitely give it a shot if you like cardio =]

      Delete
  6. See, i actually find cardio quite hard if I keep going. It definitely gets my heart rate up!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone's different! I love that about exercises. You learn knew things from other people!

      Delete
  7. I haven't heard of it before but I guess it really does a good work on our bodies. Well, I hope I get to find myself into working out soon! Hihi. Hope to hear from you soon! :)

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this workout before, but it sounds like a good one and I really need to start exercising again x

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete