Travel Essentials

12:28 PM

I'm not a very fussy flyer. I know that there's a trend of "fashionable flying" or whatever it is. But frankly, as long as I have water and a book, I'm good. Even for overseas flights. That being said, I have some items that I really do enjoy having on me either during the flight or right afterwards.



Sheet mask

This is a post flight treat. After I get off the plane and before I go to bed, I like to put on one of these bad boys! My skin typical feels tired after flying, so this is a good way to force some life into my face! I'm currently loving the "I'm Real!" line by Tonymoly.

Water mask

I love this one by Laneige that is also a convenient sample size that is under 3oz. I'll put this on right after take off and I'll leave it on the whole time. For longer (5hr+) flights, I'll touch it up mid-flight. Another acceptable solution is a sleeping pack. They tend to be really hydrating for a long period of time.

Dermaroller

I don't use this for every trip that I take, but I definitely use it on my same-day fly-in-fly-out business trips that I'll take. When I get home, I'll roll this over my face, throw on a serum with a bit of vitamin C booster mixed in, and then I'll put on a sheet mask. Typically, being on a plane twice on one day isn't the best decision for your skin...

Book or Serial Reader

I can't fly without reading. I don't like working on the flight unless it is necessary because I like to have as few small items out as possible. I'm currently reading L'Etranger by Albert Camus (gotta practice dat French). Another great option is reading classics on Serial Reader which is a great free app. I'm working on Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy whenever I don't have my book around.

Water

Bring it through security empty and then fill it up before the flight! Super handy for airlines like Frontier that sometimes won't even go around with a cart for free water... This guy have travel over 13000 miles with me and have Brita filter built it!


In other news, I gave my blog a little makeover! Do you like it?

What are your travel essentials?


Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' and Instagram!

You Might Also Like

34 comments

  1. I love the Laneige mask, it's perfect for the plane like you've said! I really want to try out dermarolling but haven't the first idea about that, which are good or not good and what effect they might have on my skin!

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British-Korean Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try dermarolling, Jennifer! It's scary to start off, but I've definitely noticed a distance since I've started. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I also like taking masks with me, but have never used a Dermaroller, though it sounds like I should try it out.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it out, Carina! It's only ~$20 =]

      Delete
  3. Your blog looks good! I love your name logo at the top, very cute :) I'm a pretty unfussy traveler myself, that water mask sounds great though!

    http://odessadarling.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Odessa! I'm glad you like it!

      The mask is lovely. They actually carry it at Target!

      Delete
  4. Great post babe x

    www.fromluxewithlove.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/from-luxe-with-love-14590195

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooeh yes I love these essentials, I really could learn something from you
    I really love the sheet mask and derma roller, I really should get one too

    love
    Karlien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Says the girl who's always showing off cool new products that I've never heard of! Hahaha! Definitely get a dermaroller. I don't know if the company I use ships to Belgium, but there are some great ones on Amazon!

      Delete
  6. I've heard great things about these facial rollers and sheet masks. I definintely have to try them out! Thanks for the great post!

    Love, Lindsey
    http://thenomisniche.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start off with the sheet masks! (They're a little less scare and less painful that the dermaroller, hahaha!)

      Delete
  7. Sheet mask, water and spray water (mini version)! I just ordered some Tony Moly masks and I cannot wait to receive them!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spray water! That's such a good idea! I'm doing that next time!

      Delete
  8. the dermaroller sounds so interesting, would love to try!
    http://www.thestyletune.com/2016/09/what-i-will-wear-for-london-fashion.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard really great things abot this roller! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow my blog there, I'll follow your blog back!!! https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  10. Couldn't agree more! I usually bring face masks along my trip, the recycled air on the plane isn't good at all.

    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You can just feel your skin crying for help!

      Delete
  11. I have been seeing quite a lot of tonymoly masks lately so I'm really interested in trying them out. My travel essentials are a good playlist and hand cream :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try them out! Ooo, hand cream! That's a great one!

      Delete
  12. That mask looks amazing! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww L'étranger! I had to read this one too for uni :) and uhh. I want to travel :(

    www.elizabethangelia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read it in French! I've only ever read it in English. And I hope you can travel soon!!

      Delete
  14. These are definitely essentials.. thank you so much for sharing! I am so glad I came across your blog, it's so lovely.. I love finding new ones like this to read! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting list and beautiful selections!!! Thank you for sharing ... xo xo!!! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had no idea "fashionable flying" is even a thing ;) but I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to travelling too. Love the idea with the sheet mask though! I have been wanting to try out the Tonymoly masks.
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, it's a weird trend! You should definitely try the masks!

      Delete