Week of 2.1 :: 7 Good Things8:57 PM
This is a little late, but there are some good excuses:
This was an unusual week. I essentially did nothing at work. Nothing. Seriously nothing. A couple of the projects I was supposed to start working on got pushed back by a month. I work at the kind of company where it takes over a week to put soap in the women's bathroom because there's so few women who work there that it isn't considered a priority and where it takes over a day to add a link to the company site.
Additionally, I found out that I have to go to Austin, Texas at the last possible minute (which is where I am now, writing this). Right before leaving, I broke my toe and had some argumentative breakthroughs with my boyfriend which resulted in me getting about an hour of sleep last night and feeling horrible for over 24 hours now. Ooof...
Regardless, there are some good things of this week!
- Boeuf bourguignon. I made some in my new Le Creuset and it was absolutely delicious.
- The IT Crowd. I've been rewatching it since I haven't be doing anything at work.
- Flowers. My boyfriend bought me flowers. He's not good at picking out flowers to be honest, but it's such a sweet thing!
- Good Mythical Morning's Youtube Channel. This channel isn't everyone's cup of tea. It's essentially two dads (both former engineers) and their kooky, off-the-wall morning show. Personally I like it because I learn something new every week. Usually something random that I'll never use again, but that's always fun!
- This shirt pattern. I just finished it in purple. I'll be blocking it when I get back from Austin.
- H&M blouse sale. I got these two great shirts at H&M and they were on sale!
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams in Copenhagen, Monte Carlo, and Cannes.
Hope you all had a great past week! And if not, just remember: "At least I didn't stub my toe so hard that it broke!"