Week of 2.1 :: 7 Good Things

8:57 PM

This is a little late, but there are some good excuses:

This was an unusual week. I essentially did nothing at work. Nothing. Seriously nothing. A couple of the projects I was supposed to start working on got pushed back by a month. I work at the kind of company where it takes over a week to put soap in the women's bathroom because there's so few women who work there that it isn't considered a priority and where it takes over a day to add a link to the company site.

Additionally, I found out that I have to go to Austin, Texas at the last possible minute (which is where I am now, writing this). Right before leaving, I broke my toe and had some argumentative breakthroughs with my boyfriend which resulted in me getting about an hour of sleep last night and feeling horrible for over 24 hours now. Ooof...

Regardless, there are some good things of this week!

  1. Boeuf bourguignon. I made some in my new Le Creuset and it was absolutely delicious.
  2. The IT Crowd. I've been rewatching it since I haven't be doing anything at work.
  3. Flowers. My boyfriend bought me flowers. He's not good at picking out flowers to be honest, but it's such a sweet thing!
  4. Good Mythical Morning's Youtube Channel. This channel isn't everyone's cup of tea. It's essentially two dads (both former engineers) and their kooky, off-the-wall morning show. Personally I like it because I learn something new every week. Usually something random that I'll never use again, but that's always fun!
  5. This shirt pattern. I just finished it in purple. I'll be blocking it when I get back from Austin.
  6. H&M blouse sale. I got these two great shirts at H&M and they were on sale!
  7. NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams in Copenhagen, Monte Carlo, and Cannes.
Rough time writing this list from my uncomfortable hotel, but it's a new week and I know things will look up.

Hope you all had a great past week! And if not, just remember: "At least I didn't stub my toe so hard that it broke!"

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Ohhhh noooo, I've broken my toe before and it is surprisingly painful! I hope you heal up quickly!
    Glad you were able to have 7 good things to talk about despite the crappy parts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's already feeling better and I know this week will look up!

      Delete
  2. Lovely post dear! ❤ Great 7 positive things you talk about ☺. So bad with your broken toe 😞.
    Hope you heal up quickly.
    Xx Pisa

    www.inlovewithmyclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post dear! ❤ Great 7 positive things you talk about ☺. So bad with your broken toe 😞.
    Hope you heal up quickly.
    Xx Pisa

    www.inlovewithmyclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds kind of like a blessing AND curse with your work - awesome, because if there is downtime and not too much to do you can do your own thing, crappy, because, well I am not actually sure you are allowed to just do your own thing, as even if there is nothing to do, it may give others the impression you aren't doing anything. Had sort of the same situation at my last company, which ended up being more annoying in the end - I would rather be busy than not! Sorry to hear you fought with your bf but if you guys had some breakthroughs I assume it was actually a good thing? And yes! NYX in Copenhagen is the best shade ever!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's experienced this! I rather be busy than not, too. And everything ends up being good for some reason or another in the end.

      I think I need to get Transylvania next!!

      Delete
  5. Interesting post, I love it, truly inspiring, thanks for sharing!!!

    xxx

    www.noragouma.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great post!
    sweet of you boyfriend to buy you flowers, regardless he sucks at it haha :D

    love
    Karlien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And at least he tries, right? =]

      Delete