Day 26 :: Wake Up Early

2:42 PM


Only 4 days left on my wake up early challenge! I couldn't be happier with the results so far. I'm already at 5:45, 15 minutes away from my goal. There are plenty of days, especially on weekends, that I hear my alarm go off and my immediate reaction is "Aww hell no. I'm staying in bed for 2 more hours." But the benefits have been great.

  • My days feel like they are longer and like they have more hours in them.
  • I have more energy throughout the day.
  • When I get home, I feel like I've been movin' and groovin' so much through the day that the extra 5 hours just seem like a freebie.
  • I generally feel healthier.
That being said, when life isn't going ideally (which happens to the best of us), when that damned alarm goes off at 5:45, it can be extremely difficult to convince myself to get up. All of us are hit with batches of good and bad in life, and when the bad hits, it can be near-impossible to shake off the desire to get out of bed. This has been a great exercise in working through that because I just want to impress everyone and show off that I can do it!

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Nice! That's awesome how you're able to stay so self-motivated. I don't know if I could have learned to be an early riser 'just because', I've had to learn because of work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely been rough! But I'm glad I've done it!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's really good! I have to be at work at 7:30am the latest and I'd love to get in earlier (that way I can also leave earlier), but never manage to get up earlier xD

    xoRosie
    Rosie's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Work starts at 7:30 for me too, but I definitely can't convince myself to get there earlier!

      Delete
  3. I like waking up early because it feels like I have more time in the day. That said, it is 3:30AM now and I will wake up at 11AM tomorrow. Oh well. Hahaha <3

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! You're allowed a crazy night every once in a while! Can't hold yourself to too much of a schedule!

      Delete
  4. Hello,

    So amazing ! :D

    Sarah, http://www.sarahmodeee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your very good site….

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yess!! I have been trying to do this myself! Love the cappuccino photo :)

    mylifebeingrenewed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a shot!

      Delete
  7. I've tried to do this so many times but I just can't get up if I don't need to be up! It's really frustrating!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have trouble with it too. I think doing the challenge REALLY helped with that!

      Delete
  8. Waking up early is really good. The extra hours plays a key role..
    www.crazyforcosmetics.com

    ReplyDelete