Day 17 :: Wake Up Early && Ideal Night Routine

7:54 AM

One of the things I was reading up on was that one of the keys to waking up early is making a good night routine. This is something that I'm really bad at. I'm the kind of person who like to binge-watch Adventure Time while knitting at 11PM. Not exactly healthy... Looking at blue light at night continues the production of melatonin which just keeps you up - even if you're sleepy! So there are some definitely lifestyle changes that I need to make.

So I'm slowly but surely incorporating my ideal night routine. It's hard because I'm breaking some habits that I already have, but I'm getting there.

This starts about 1.5 hours before bed time (assuming I go to bed at 10:30PM):




  • Plan out the next day. I love checklists, so that's how I format my planner.
  • Do some quick general apartment cleaning.
  • Do a face mask or dermaroll my face. The latter is not necessarily a comfortable process, but it's one of the few things I actually believe works.
  • Light a nice relaxing candle. The one in the picture is The Shire and it definitely smells like sitting in Bag End. Absolutely love it!
  • Drink something warm (and non-caffeinated, of course). I have some Trader Joe's Well-Rested tea and echinacea tea that I've been turning to.
  • Read something. I've been re-reading the Song of Ice and Fire series and The Silmarillion recently.

Completely off-topic: If you're a fan of The Lord of the Rings and you haven't read The Silmarillion, I definitely recommend it. It's almost the religious text of Middle Earth (creation stories and early history tales). I recommend skipping the Ainulindalë and the Valaquenta if it's your first time reading it. They are a little hard to read.

Back on track: What do you do before bed? Am I missing something good to do in at night?

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. This is a very inspiring post - I always like to know how everyone else relaxes before bed and how I can try and work on my relaxing skills! Love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm the same way. Never know what you can learn from someone else!

      Delete
  2. Great post! I think it is so great if you can do a morning and night routine. It can really help to center us and get us going for the day as well as help us wind down in the evening to get a good night's rest to start the next day off right!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I'm such a sporadic person, so I definitely think I can use that centering.

      Delete
  3. I definitely need to try this, or at least try and make a night routine to see if it works, I am guilty that I binge watch netflix and stay up really late, which can never do you any good. Thank you so much for sharing!

    X, Ruth Sarai
    http://stuck-in-rewind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank goodness, I'm the only nighttime binger! I definitely recommend doing it! It's so helpful.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this - super useful! It's something I'm desperately trying to work on, too!

    Moorizzla.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, thanks for sharing! I really like your blog, let me know if you would like to follow each other!

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU! And I'm taking a peek at your blog now!

      Delete