Introduction :: Becoming your own queen

2:11 PM

The past year and a half was not good to me. In all honesty, when you look at my past year, it was a pretty uneventful year and many people would have loved it. But it was difficult on a mental and emotional level. I could bore you will details of my silly "growing up is hard" complaints, but instead, let's just start off positively.

I've always loved the idea of being a queen. Think Khaleesi from Game of Thrones, not Ru Paul (although he's a queen in his own ranking). I believe that every single person has that queen inside of them. Each queen is a little different and every bit amazing. This year is the year I'm living my life as my own queen.

Part of my regaining of my life is to not have a New Years resolution. I've never liked them. I've never succeed at them. I've never wanted to make them a part of my life. So instead, I'm taking on a few 30-day challenges. Some challenges are simple while others are complete lifestyle overhauls. But they only last for 30 days.

Why 30 days? It takes 30 days to form a habit. So at the end of 30 days, if I like the challenge I've been following, I can easily incorporate the challenge as one of my habits or I can just quit it. With each of the 30 days, I'm allowing myself loose flexibility. If it's a workout challenge and I miss 1-2 days a week, I'll allow it! It's unrealistic to think I do intense workouts every single day for a month with everything else I want to do with my life.

Here's my schedule that I'm keeping up with. Feel free to download it and use it for yourself.


Along with these challenges, I'm taking fun, simple measures to change things in my life. I'm currently looking a minimizing some of the clutter and mess in my life and starting to finally define my personal style so that I can spend my money wisely and always dress perfectly for me.

Some of these challenges may not be to your personal liking, but I was very specific about each one that I chose. I struggle with digestive issues (TMI, but it's all about honesty) hence cutting down dairy/meat, gluten, and sugar to pinpoint some problems. I've never really been able to bulk up my muscles hence a more rigorous or potentially gimmicky workout like P90X.

Note: There's not a single "lose/gain x pounds" or "run a y K." There are really no measurements in any of these challenges. Maybe for next year I'll pull out some measurable goals, but for now, it's all about self exploration.

If you're taking a unique approach to your new year, let me know. I'm interested in learning what other people are doing and how their are improving themselves!

- KNC

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love this! Having "restrictive" goals (lose x pounds by y) actually is less motivating to me and I feel like I'm more likely to give up. Thinking of the things you want to achieve as habits is genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like this! Based on what I've read through on your blog, it sounds like we're on the same page about self-improvement and having fun challenges!

      Delete