Day 27 :: Oil-Pulling

2:52 PM


At this point, I'm counting down the days to start my next challenge. I've learned that I'm not a fan of oil-pulling. I'm not convinced yet that it's going anything for me or my teeth. I think that the amount of olive oil that you go through in one month is overwhelming. All of it going into the trash.

There are more issues than not with oil-pulling other than a waste of oil. It's not exactly the easiest habit to keep up with. Stuffy nose? Forget it. Stay the night somewhere other than your place? Don't bother. Wake up late? Don't have time. In my opinion, it's simply not convenient and simply something I can't continue on with.

The next challenge coming up is the "become a morning person" challenge and I'm looking forward to starting that. I feel like, especially with the winter and the sun rising so late in the morning, this will be great for me. I've made strolling into work almost an hour late far too much of a habit and it's time to knock that off!

Do you think I'm being too negative about oil-pulling? Or is my opinion justified after my 30-day trial?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Good to know! I've been intrigued by oil pulling, but also kind of grossed out. And skeptical (I'm a dental assistant). I really enjoyed hearing your first-hand experience, but I think I'm good to leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're definitely not missing out. I've been so disappointed by it. My mom loves it though! No clue why!

      Delete
  2. Oil pulling is still a mystery to me. I do it every now and then (some rare mornings when I remember/have the time) and using coconut oil I did notice my teeth were whiter right after it. Also in one occasion I had inflammed gums and the inflammation seemed to go away after oil pulling. But just like you I couldn't keep up with it daily and yes, thee's a lot of waste...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's the coconut oil! Because I've heard that a lot about coconut oil, but I have to use olive oil because of allergies. Maybe I should specifically do it when I have some inflammation...
      Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like it's a waste of oil!

      Delete